Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nicole Scherzinger confirms new PCD line up for third album


Quote:
These days, Nicole Scherzinger seems to be the last Pussycat Doll standing. With the other members of the girl group going their separate ways, the "Dancing With The Stars" contestant and the group's founder, Robin Antin, have been left to pick up the pieces. What's next for the girl group?

A fresh start, for one thing. In a chat with MTV News on Wednesday, Scherzinger confirmed what Antin had already hinted, and what fans had suspected as members of the group announced one by one that they were pursuing careers away from PCD: "We're also gonna have a new cast of Dolls. And I'm excited," she said.

These days, when Scherzinger isn't working on her "DWTS" moves, she's in the studio recording songs that could appear on the followup to the Dolls' 2008 full-length Doll Domination. "Right now I've been in the studio working on music non-stop. We're gonna have another Pussycat Dolls album for all of our fans out there, but that's gonna be late this year.

"I'm still Nicky Doll," she added. "And I'm just plowing away in the studio making music that I love."

Nicky Doll added that the music she is working on will most likely appear on the next Dolls album, although she didn't rule out the possibility of releasing her long-simmering solo record. "I don't know if I'm gonna put [the new music out] under my name yet or if it's going to be perfect for the Dolls," she said. "It doesn't matter. I just want to make great music for the fans. It's going to be popular music, but I'm definitely going with [a] more rock, soul-inspired sound."
*DISCUSSION THREAD*