Tuesday, April 20, 2010

J.Lo speaks about leaving departing Sony



Here's what she said in an interview with her biggest online fansite 'OnlineJLofan':

Quote:
“Yeah, you know, it got to the point…I mean, it’s no secret [that] since Tommy Mottola left, I felt a little bit like an orphan over at Sony because he was SUCH a big part of my first four albums and I just, you know, didn’t even really speak to anybody else at the label,” she says. “He was my guy; me, Benny [Medina], him. And then he was gone, and I was there, and I had no relationship with anyone else over there. Then they changed people like, three times over the next four or five years and so, we never could really get traction over at Epic. It was weird.”

“But, everyone was doing their best you know? I put out some records that were big hits, and did well, and some didn’t and you know, it was what it was. But, I thought…at this point, we did two dance records with Fresh Out The Oven and Louboutins, which both went to #1 on the dance charts. It felt really good, but at the same time, I had given them seven albums and we had sold 40 million records, you know? Like, we had a good run, but I just felt like; when I sat down with the head of the company, I just said ‘I think it’s time for me to move on.’ And he was like, ‘well, you know…’ It was hard because I love them and they love me, but you know when you just know? It’s like, ‘I think, yeah, it’s time’”.

“’You can’t do what you need to do right now’, and ‘I can’t do this.’ It was just a lot of things, but at the end of the day, we looked at each other and it was kind of like, ‘ok, if this is what you want, then,’ he literally said, ‘I’ll make it easy for you’. And they could have made it very difficult. But they didn’t and it was great. And we both parted ways with a lot of respect for each other and a lot of dignity and I am very excited because I am with a new company and it’s like a new beginning and now I get to have a whole new history. We get to create history all over again and with a new team, and new excitement, and seeing, you know what we can do that was even better than b