Friday, April 23, 2010

Sia on Christina's new album: "It's fucking amazing!"


Quote:
WCT: You have been working with Christina Aguilera, correct?

S: Yeah, how exciting. I nearly pooped my pants when I got the call to set up a meeting with her. I took my friend Sammy, who used to be my bass player for 17 years. We were nervy because she has a reputation of being hardcore. She wasn't. She was such a softie bum and a real sweetie. She was easy to work with and we ended up with four songs on the record. They flew us back to write another song for her movie Burlesque with Cher.

WCT: Oh, really?

S: Yes, this album can do absolutely all but I can do fine, thanks to Christina. It takes a lot of the pressure off. [ Electronica band ] Zero 7 did that to me. They made me enough money originally to sabotage my solo career over and over again.

WCT: Well, you are free to do what you want now. Christina has lots of guest artists on her new album, I heard.

S: Yeah, Santogold, M.I.A. and Le Tigre. She works with lots of people. Her new record is f*cking amazing. You are gonna die, it's so good.
http://www.windycitytimes.com/gay/le....php?AID=26305
*DISCUSSION THREAD*