Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Britney Spears doing Dubstep again for new album


Quote:
Britney Spears already experimented with dubstep on her 2007 album Blackout, but now it looks like she may make a return to the genre after dubstep producer Rusko revealed that he’s started working on a new record for the superstar.

Also working with Rusko on the new track is producer-songwriter Alex Greggs, who is part of the reggae/dancehall group South Rakkas Crewis who are signed to Diplo’s Mad Decent Label. Greggs has also produced and written songs for Janet Jackson, Paris Hilton, Justin Timberlake and Lily Allen.

Rusko on the other hand has previously worked with T.I. and Rihanna and is currently producing on the new M.I.A. album.

“They approach me because they want me to do what I do,” says Rusko. “They don’t want me to make a cheesy pop record. I just want to be known for my beats. It’s simple. What you see is what you get. Bang! The music.”

While Rihanna notably dabbled in dubstep on her Rated R album (thanks to producers Chase ‘n’ Status), Britney was actually one of the first mainstream artist to use the genre on her song “Freakshow” from 2007’s Blackout.

It looks like Britney is snatching up the best music from every producer and every genre for this new album. She’s already been linked to David Guetta, Max Martin, Darkchild, Sean Garrett, The Outsyderz, Fernando Garibay, Corte Ellis, Danja, Tiesto and more, plus I’ve been told that her label have been searching for “euro-pop” and “synth-pop” songs.