Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kelis lashes out at PETA


Quote:
Kelis has described herself as "a complete carnivore" and said that she "couldn't care less" what anyone thinks of her love of fur.

In an interview with MTV, the singer lashed out against PETA after receiving a letter from the organisation regarding a fur hat she wore.

"I got a letter from PETA about this, which is strange, because I've worn way more fur than I had on this day. But for some reason, they figured they were going to mention it, which was stupid," she said.

"I wrote back to PETA because I feel, like, 'Who on earth are you to tell me about what I wear?' Quite frankly, I find them completely hypocritical, and I was reading something about how they euthanise 97% of the cats and dogs and animals that are brought to them. Just, completely hypocritical. I think anyone who feels the need to protest about someone else… it's just completely insane to me."

The star added: "People who don't wear it and don't want to, it's fine. I don't have any judgements about them."
*DISCUSSION THREAD*