Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kelly Rowland inks deal a solo deal with Universal Motown


Quote:
Kellhis back in business. Former Destiny’s Child star Kelly Rowland has inked a solo deal with Universal Motown Records, label president Sylvia Rhone announced Wednesday.

“I think Kelly is an immensely talented, gracious, and beautiful woman, and I am thrilled about the opportunity to work with her on what’s turning out to be an amazing album,” said Rhone. “For an artist whose career began as a member of a landmark group like Destiny’s Child, Kelly has truly come into her own and I am deeply inspired by her incredible energy.”

The news comes days after Rowland was dropped as co-host and judge of Bravo’s design series Fashion Show and replaced with fashion icon Iman. The “Dilemma” star has been without a deal since parting ways with her label and dumping mentor Mathew Knowles as her manager last year.

Kelly’s ecstatic over the move.

“I could not be happier working with Sylvia Rhone and the entire Universal Motown staff. They have really embraced me and have set me up to succeed. I decided, after careful thought, to sign with Universal Motown not only because of their track record of success, but also because they truly put their artists first.”