Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ashlee Simpson talks about her fourth album


Quote:
Are you sticking around for any NYFW shows?
I am for a little bit, but I'm sticking around to write music this week.

Do you know the direction of the forthcoming record?
I do, I do. I see the light. But I'm definitely not spilling the beans just yet. It's definitely a bit folky.


Way more folky than "Pieces of Me"?
It had that feel, but I'm really going for it this time!


Well, "LaLa" and "Outta My Head" were pretty major.
Well, I'm always a kooky person, so you're not going to lose that. But for me, there's an era of music that I miss and I wanna make that kind of music. The songs that we need to hear.


Like '90s Alanis Morissette?
No! (laughs)


We miss those days!
I miss them, too. Are you kidding me? I wear my Doc Martens all the time and I never let them go! And my shiny maroon Airwalks. My best friend Lauren from elementary school -- we both used to wear the JNCOS and the shiny maroon Airwalks and she's in the show tonight. She works for my sister and my mom on the line.

It seems like all of your friends and family are involved in Jessica's line.
That's the feel of the whole overall line. I'm always stealing the shoes. And I have to say, they really did a great job with the denim -- and I'm like a J Brand freak. Her jeans fit your butt cutely and they're comfortable -- you can wear them on an airplane. They fit your body right.

And what about your look tonight?
I'm wearing all Jessica. I've even got her bra on, her necklace. I mean, it's my sister so it's so much fun and her line is amazing.

Are you into doing any acting in the future?
Not at the moment. But I'm definitely one that if there's something I love, I'd probably do it if it was a role that I connected with. It's not a rush. But right now, my best friend Lauren and I are going to work on a clothing line, too. Small, cool boutique-y stuff.

Do you have a dream musical collab?
I have to say Gwen Stefani is the new Blondie so I'd wanna do it with her. Or Karen O. I would die. Oh my God, if I got to meet Karen O I would die. Oh my God! I've grown up loving her. I'd paint my face like her. She's my all-time really.

*DISCUSSION THREAD*