Friday, September 17, 2010

Brandy talks about 'Human': "To hell with that album!"


Quote:
Brandy has revealed that she was disappointed with the outcome of her last album Human.

The singer, who is a contestant in this year's Dancing With The Stars, admits that she wasn't happy with the finished record because it failed to show her creativity.

"To hell with that album!" she told Out.

"I believe a lot of the songs on that album have inspired some of the fans. In that respect it’s a blessing. But where I felt it could’ve gone creatively, and the space I was in creatively, I needed everybody around me to be in that same space."

Asked what she would have changed about the LP, she said: "First of all, it would’ve been a different album, but with the same inspiration and same blessing for other people. It would’ve been hotter music and a hotter look. Number 1 on the charts! Platinum!"

The 'What About Us' star also admitted that she was disappointed with the album's chart position: it peaked at number 15 on the US album chart in 2008.

"It feels terrible," she conceded. "I say this in the most humble way, but I’m a winner. So, when a winner feels failure, it doesn’t feel right or good. It’s a like a champion who gets knocked out.

"That’s why I’m so hungry on making this next project about what feels good to my gut. When I follow my intuition or my creative guidance, there’s success."
What did you think of Brandy's last album?