Saturday, June 4, 2011

FOTP Exclusive Q&A with AleksJosh


FOTP recently had the opportunity to relay some questions to up and coming singer AleksJosh. Having come across his YouTube covers, it's my pleasure to put him and his talent on full blast - he's only sixteen but you would NOT know it from his voice. Gotdamn boy!

Peep his answers and hear him sing below. 



1. Hello AleksJosh, first of all let me thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. How are you today?

Its alright no worries. It's a pleasure, I'm good taa yourself?

2. Could you tell us about yourself – where are you from, what have you been doing in life up till now?

Born in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Well as well as loving singing, I love acting too so I have just been trying to master my performance skills. Also it's the exam period so studying! (Haha). 

3. Artistically/professionally you’re going by the name AleksJosh. Why’d you choose “AleksJosh” and what’s your real name?

My dad is Serbian so my surname is difficult to pronounce. So Aleks Josh is my first and middle names.

4. You recently signed with LAMM Management. How did that partnership come about?

I was casually at a mate's party in Cambridge and got talking with Joshua Al-Chamaa and he heard me sing. The next thing I know they [Joshua and brother Lou Al-Chamaa] was both interested and then it all hit off from there really.

5. You’re only 16 years young!  Most people your age don’t have a clue what they want to be or do in life. When did you first know you wanted to pursue singing professionally?

I have always been involved in performing arts and have always had a keen interest in singing from a very young age. 

6. I’ve watched the videos you’ve already uploaded and they’re damned good. You have an incredibly mature, very well honed voice. Do you have any formal vocal training?

Cheers I'm so glad you like it. I have only recently started having vocal training since I have been under LAMM. 

7. What’s the process behind each video? From choosing a song to cover, to rehearsing and getting it just right for the internet...how long does that take you?

Well I discuss with LAMM what song choices people would be interested in and arrange to meet and get recording. I usually decide on the song, learn it and record it in the same week, if not few days. Its a very fun process.

8. Because of your age, it’s inevitable you’ll end up being compared to other teen artists. Add in your good looks and becoming known through your YouTube videos and it’s inevitable that you’ll be compared to people like Charice, Hobbie Stuart, Esmée Denters, Greyson Chance, and above all Justin Bieber. How do you feel about those kind of comparisons?

I feel they are amazing comparisons, as they are all talented young people. And to get to where they are in there careers would be a rush! 
         
9. Bieber especially gets a lot of love, but he also gets a lot of hate – for every fan there is always someone else ready to throw stones. Are you ready for “haters”, do you worry about receiving negative comments and being out there in the public eye, subject to other people’s criticism?

Haters gonna hate. 

10. What do you think sets you apart as an vocalist?

I feel my voice is much different from most people as it has a older tone but I'm still young and I'm looking forward to creating young fun songs!

11. You’re a very sexy guy and I reckon you could pass as a few years older than what you are. Do you have a way with the ladies? Is there anyone special right now?

Haha taa, I'm a nice caring guy I wouldn't say I have a particular way, I'm just me. and nope no one at the moment...

12.   If the chemistry was there, would you date a fan?

Yeah, I suppose so.

13. You have great taste in music, from both current stuff and going back to more classic records. Who would you cite as your main musical influences, what artists and songs really impacted you in a big way?

My main influences have to be the great Frank Sinatra - he inspired me to sing the way I do. Also Bob Dylan and the Beatles are a huge influence to me. 

14. Anything exciting for us to look out for in the near future, any final words for our readers?

I'm currently working on a few tracks with some talented writers and producers. I guess you guys will just have to wait and see. Listen out for my music!! Aleks Josh is coming! haha :)


Check him on YouTube, like him on Facebook, and follow him on Twitter @AleksJosh

Make sure to follow me @FOTPBlog as well 

Watch him sing Aloe Blacc's runaway hit "I Need A Dollar" below: