Wednesday, June 1, 2011

LEAK: Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had


Beyoncé's second single "Best Thing I Never Had", produced by Symbolyc One, has leaked. 

Sign up on our forums to listen and discuss the leak.

The piano-and-guitar-laden track is likable enough, despite not breaking any new ground in either lyrics or sound. It's somewhere between "If I Were A Boy" and "Irreplaceable" with a splash of JoJo's "Leave (Get Out)"'s infantility. I can't say I'm thrilled about the track and I don't see this being the big hit she so desperately needs after both "Run The World (Girls)" and promo "1+1"  failed to take off in a big way. 

On one hand its reassuring to know that new LP "4" will bring a nice array of sounds and influences, but on the other Beyoncé is doing little to stop both media and public perceiving the 4-era as her "flop" era. With her "sister" Kelly Rowland riding high on radio on both sides of the Atlantic, it seems a lot of fans are eager to see the down-to-earth "under-dog" Rowland triumph and diva and radio queen Beyoncé flounder.

Let us know who you're rooting for signing up on our forums and joining our music discussion.

Follow me on Twitter @FOTPBlog