Saturday, September 17, 2011

MUSIC VIDEO: Professor Green feat. Emeli Sandé - Read All About It


Having already made a name for himself on the underground scene, rapper/singer Professor Green explosively crossed over into mainstream notoriety back in 2010 with four bonafide hit singles (including two Top 5's) lifted from Gold-certified debut studio album "Alive Till I'm Dead".

Now he's back with a new album "At Your Incovenience", out October 31st, and first proper single "Read All About It", featuring girl of the moment Emeli Sandé (of "Heaven" fame) and out one week before on October 24th. 


Whilst I have major love for Green and consider him THE very best British rapper out right now, I'm not at all bowled over by the song, which sounds like four or five other "rap ballads" that have been out in the past few years ("Love The Way You Lie", "Coming Home", "Airplanes", "I Need A Doctor" and other Alex Da Kid productions). I'm not particularly enamoured with Sandé either, which might say more about me than her, considering how everyone else is raving about her and "song of the year" Heaven. Don't get me wrong, Adele (Sandé's real name) IS talented, but I've yet to perceive anything "ZOMG AMAZING EPIC GROUND BREAKING OMG SANDAY DA QUEEN" from the little I've heard and seen of her.

Anyways, here's the music video. Kudos to Green for scrubbing up very nicely!


No comments:

Post a Comment