Monday, January 16, 2012

VIRAL: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus


I usually have mixed feelings with spoken word - more often than not it makes me cringe. The cheap rhymes and weak content make me shudder with second-hand embarassment. Very, very occassionally someone comes along and does it right - Erykah Badu at Def Jam Poetry is an example of how fantastic it can be, when done right. 


This video right here is on a whole another level. I agree with every single word and look forward to the day when people can experience God's love - or at least respect other people's experience of God's love - instead of constantly denying His teachings (or alternatively, their own standards of morality) by hating, judging and bringing others down. When will people learn that attacking someone else's faith doesn't validate or exalt your own? That goes for all the so-called Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheists and whoever else out there. 


Awesome - major love to the artist (don't know his name), I agree with every single word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment