Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kelly Rowland's new album 'inspired by disco'


Quote:
Kelly Rowland has revealed that her third album has been inspired by disco.

The former Destiny's Child singer told the Daily Star that the record has a range of influences.

"I'm trying to take a page from the amazing books of Donna Summer and Diana Ross," she said.

"They were so powerful and glam on stage and such a voice for women. I looked at them to take inspiration from and then thought of a way to make it my own. I'm also taking inspiration from my peers like will.i.am, who I think has done a great job."

Rowland also revealed that she is excited about her collaborations with other stars.

"Ne-Yo has written songs for me," she said. "It makes me so happy because they are incredible. He thinks about the story and the artist. He wants to talk about where they are mentally. That's what makes him so incredibly great.

"Will.i.am and I have spoken and he's making time for little old me. He's just as excited to get in the studio as I am. David [Guetta]'s on the record and we had to go back for our formula because that worked so well for me. I also want to get P Diddy on the album too. It's a great list of people and the record has come together so beautifully."

Earlier this year, Nelly revealed that he and Rowland have recorded a sequel to their 2002 duet 'Dilemma'.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...-by-disco.html
*DISCUSSION THREAD*