Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Jessica Mauboy single in August/September


Quote:
Here is a new article, with some info about the new album:

Hot on the heels of her smash debut, Jessica Mauboy has been back in the studio working on new tracks that she'll road-test for a few lucky fans on Sydney Harbour. HENRY BUDD talks to her about her new album.

You're already working on your new album in LA. Who are you collaborating with this time around?

Billy Steinberg, who wrote Like A Virgin for Madonna and True Colours for Cyndi Lauper. Also Iyaz and Jay Sean.

If you could collaborate on a song with any artist, who would you choose?

Timbaland it is.

When can we expect the new single?

Between August and September.

Who are the biggest influences for you?

Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj - they are amazing.

If you were stuck on a desert island and could take only three albums, what would they be?

How would I play them and where would I find the power? OK, I'd take Mariah Carey - Music Box; Mariah Carey - Daydream; and Jazmine Sullivan - Fearless.

It's a big year for you - a new album and you turn 21 in a few months. Any plans for a birthday bash?

I'm having a big party. I might have to split the birthday parties though - one in Darwin with my family and one in Sydney with my friends and family. It's gonna be a great year and I'm looking forward to releasing the album.

You made your big screen debut in Bran Nue Dae last year. Are you keen to keep acting?

Very much. I enjoyed acting and being a part of the film.

Were you sad to see Australian Idol go?

No, I think it had its time in Australia.

Do you think you would have been able to get where you are if you hadn't auditioned?

Yes and no. Idol gave me the great exposure very quickly, but there are other ways to be recognised for your talent.

Any advice for up and coming singers who won't have that opportunity?

There are always opportunities and you will have to make hard decisions, but you have to be strong and believe in yourself.
*DISCUSSION THREAD*