Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Perez Hilton to replace Simon Cowell on American Idol?



Quote:
Perez Hilton hasn't been shy about his desire to come onboard as Simon Cowell's replacement on "American Idol" next season. And he's got one sound business idea that may get the "Idol" producers to warm up to the idea.

"My name has been mentioned several times as a possible replacement for Simon Cowell ... mainly by me," he joked. "I've shamelessly been campaigning for the job and I am adamant and I believe I would do a great job. Plus, I'm not even joking, I would work for free the first season. After that, then we can talk about a fair paycheck."

And while he admittedly hasn't been watching the show this season, he did pass some judgments on front-runner Crystal Bowersox. "Everyone is saying that Crystal girl is going to win. If she does, I don't know if she's going to really resonate with album buyers after she wins," he explained. "And I don't know what kind of music she would make, and I don't know if they would play that on the radio."

"Idol" producers better act fast if they want Perez to come onboard permanently, as he may have other job opportunities lined up. Perez said that if he doesn't become the new Simon, he'd just as happily work for Simon. "I'm not that selective though," he said. "I would just as happily appear on Simon Cowell's 'X Factor' as I would on 'American Idol.' "

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...19/story.jhtml
*DISCUSSION THREAD*