Tuesday, March 15, 2011

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW // CORY WIRES


I present to you Cory Wires. He's currently making waves with his first single, the infectious "Lost In The Music", but is far from being a stranger to the music industry. He's been performing with his twin brother since childhood and has opened for a whole range of noteworthy music A-listers. The music video for "Lost In The Music" is out soon and the song is already available on iTUNES (Click link to download). Check out Cory's answers below.
.


First of all thank you for taking the time to answers our questions. How are you doing?
.
I'm doing great, really excited for this interview and thank you for reaching out to me.
.
Tell us about yourself – how old you are, where are you from and what is it you do?
.
I'm 22, from Boston, MA USA. I'm a solo recording artist/entertainer, i feel that it's important to entertain and not just be a "studio artist."
.
Your music video “Lost In The Music” is set to debut soon. Tell us about that song and what it was like shooting your first music video?
.
It's just a great fun song, something you wanna jump up and dance to at the club. The song it self came effortlessly in the studio, it just felt so natural and right to me. The music video we shot in LA, that to me was just a dream come true, being in LA shooting my first music video as a solo artist. It was 100% of what I visioned when we had our first meeting coming up with ideas for the video.
.
Your twitter says you’re currently on Sound Shuttle Records, Bronx Bridge Entertainment, Fontana and Universal. How did all of these separate deals come about?
.
Well Sound Shuttle Records is my label that I started. I did a joint venture with Bronx Bridge Ent. and their distribution is thru Fontana/Universal. To be honest it all happen wicked fast, pretty much over night.
.
Before going solo, you were part of a R&B/Pop duo called “Playback” with your twin brother. What lead you to decide for a solo career?
.
I mean being twin brothers it was hard a decision to make. We've been performing since the age of 7 so i didn't know anything else but doing music and sharing the stage with him. Even though we're nothing alike, when we stepped on stage we knew exactly what we're gonna do even if it wasn't planned, it was pretty crazy. But we both felt like it was time to try something new and finally agreed this would be for the best. We still work together in the studio on each others projects, so nothings really changed LOL.
.
As one-half of “Playback”, you performed on MTV’s TRL Live, toured with Radio Disney and opened for a bunch of A-listers including Ne-Yo, KanyĆ©, Aaron Carter, Mary J Blige, and Bow Wow. That’s some pretty major stuff right there. What was all that like? Did you come across anyone particularly nice or nasty out of those guys?
.
All the shows and touring we did in the past was just a great experience. I've been blessed enough to perform along and open up with a lot of talented artist. Honestly i really don't have anything bad to say about anyone i've met. One of my greatest inspires in music was MJ (RIP) so when he actually called us (Playback) it was an amazing moment and convinced me to never stop giving up on my career.
.
Are you committed right now? What does a girl HAVE to have to catch your eye?
.
Haha oh mann umm currently right now i am not committed or even dating anyone to be honest. I'm not complicated i like simple girls, well put together, great personality, and with a good head on their shoulders. If they know how to keep up with me on my crazy adventures then i'm gamed. My life is a adventure in it's self.
.
Girl on girl – hot or not?
.
Uhhhh. next question….. LOL honestly it's not really a turn on for me i rather have "girl on me".
.
When you make your first million, how do you intend to spend it?
.
With out a question, i'm taking my mom on a shopping spree. She is one of the biggest supporters in my life and has given me so much, it's definitely going back to her and my family. Money isn't going to make me happy, but at the end of the day if i can make it easier for them, it's better than having a million in my pocket.
.
Alright. Once again, thanks for taking the time to talk to us. Any final words?
.
Anytime, love to do it again. I'd like to give a big shout out to all my fans, i definitely have some amazing fans!!

Shout out to my whole team BronxBridge, MdoubleU, Item9, Seng2kx, Kevin Boston, SmokeHouse and everyone else who's been working extra hard with me. This is gonna be a great year and i'm definitely just getting started, so sit back and enjoy the ride…

To download the song on iTunes, click HERE.
Be sure to follow Cory on Twitter @CoryWires and join his Fanpage on Facebook for the latest news.
Follow FOTP on Twitter @FOTPbulletin and @FOTPurban for all the latest Pop and R&B music news.

Check out some extra pics and the behind-the-scenes of the video shoot below:


M Double U (of Item 9), featured rapper on the song