Monday, May 10, 2010

Kelly Clarkon speaks on her relationship with her record label



Quote:
After a controversial new Kelly Clarkson song “Wash, Rinse, Repeat” leaked online dissing her record label and producer Ryan Tedder, a lot of questions were raised about the singers widely publicized and tumultuous relationship with RCA Records.

Well it turns out that Kelly actually addressed the drama surrounding her record label during an interview in New Zealand at the very end of March, simply stating that things are a lot better and all she wants is to work with people who respect her.

“I actually am getting along quite well [with the label]. I don’t want to jinx it but we’re doing very well for this next record and we’ve been agreeing on a lot of stuff that we normally don’t. I’m working with a lot of new people as well at the label, so it’s actually going well.”

“It’s one of those things and ya’ll understand that you’re in a job where there’s a lot of cooks in the kitchen. It’s one of those things where I’m more of a people person, and I know that obviously it’s a business and you’re not always gonna agree but I just wanna be working with people that I respect and people that respect me. That’s really the only key thing for me”.